SWIPE TO VIEW MY WORK
Europe, Middle East, Africa & Asia Pacific
YPO – International Consultant
The Young Presidents Organization is a member-only global advisory and network that enables top CEOs globally with the world’s most advances learning, networking and business solutions. To best serve this community of high-achieving executives, I advise a team of learning and educational specialists on education portfolios to meet the needs of the members. Strategy and education portfolios range from Digital Learning, EdTech, to content, global execution of Innovation Events and workshops.
• Advise on content and learning strategy, content and modules, channels and speakers.
• Design strategy leveraging relevant and timely Digital Learning models across all global regions (save for North and South America).
• Ample global experience – consulting to teams based in Sydney, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Dubai, Johannesburg and London.
“Jos makes a difference through her ability to lead a team; through her thoughtful approach to issues – seeking to understand both the issue and context – and her commitment to leading in a positive and proactive way through complex challenges.”
BeeNova AI – Educational Technologist
BeeNova is an AI infused platform that builds personalized learning journeys to power up student’s potential. Our custom-built AI helps kids build the skills they need by teaching them in the way they’re best taught – with content backed by handpicked, socially conscious phenomenon-based learning.
• Direct product development, content and learning strategy, content and modules.
• Design technology strategy and work with technology team against deliverables.
• Leverage Phenomenon-based learning as platform for content and creativity.
NEW YORK, USA
International House – Consultant
I-House is a vibrant, global community and graduate student housing, with over 700 residents from over 100 countries. The house fosters cross-cultural understanding and lifelong connections, providing a lived experience designed to instill leadership skills grounded in core values of respect, empathy and moral courage. At I-House, I worked with the team on their communications and marketing strategy, aligning their core messaging with future themes.
• Design 360 degree communication strategy for I-House’s global audience.
• Work with major stakeholders and present strategy to I-House’s Board of Directors.
• Leverage an in-depth understanding of cross-cultural communication to inspire and motivate the International House community.
United Nations – Public Relations Support
The United Nations is a global organization that brings together its member states to confront common challenges and manage shared responsibilities. I delivered the digital training strategy for the United Nations Development Program in Asmara, Eritrea.
• Re-designed programmatic digital content for strategic project implementation (country-wide).
• Responsible for digital and internal communications and internal technical communications support.
• Wrote and advised on all content and design.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dell EMC – Consultant and Trainer
Dell EMC is one of the world’s leading technology providers. I am responsible for designing and implementing a training course for mid-management talent in preparation of advanced leadership roles. As part of the course design, we are leveraging an AI infused learning platform to better track sentiment, experience and engagement levels.
• Use AI based learning for improved understanding of workplace dynamics.
• In-person training and workshops for leadership development.
• Design an entire four-day course with dedicated content suited for the target audience of mid-management talent.
• Deliver the training and deliver relevant reporting structures for sustainable change.
“It was a pleasure collaborating with Jos! Jos shared tips on how to be a confident public speaker which includes noticing things such as the pitch and tone of voice, the speed at which we are speaking and how we use posture to enhance our message. Jos, thank you very much for being our guest speaker and sharing your expertise and knowledge, leveraged from your own experiences and travel”.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Smollan – Consultant
Smollan is a global, leading retail solutions provider with a presence in over 60 countries. I worked as a consultant to Smollan between Johannesburg, Mumbai and Dubai re-structuring the advertising, messaging and communication around Smollan’s go-to-market strategy.
• Conducted extensive market research – interviewing key stakeholders and engaging in elaborate M&E in order to design marketing and advertising strategy for Smollan across India.
• Worked with Innovation team on re-thinking traditional retail.
• Advised on go-to-market advertising strategy leveraging discussion around tech integration and effective storytelling.
Cape Town, South Africa
Girls & Football SA - Founder and Director
Girls & Football SA is an award-winning not-for-profit organization based out of South Africa founded in 2012. At Girls & Football, we focus on the development of girls and young women through sport, media and education. We’ve worked with global partners like Nike, The Girl Effect, Microsoft and FIFA.
• Founded five-time award-winning NGO – received global recognition, including a letter for collective work done with youth in South Africa from former First Lady Michelle Obama;
• Provided over 65,000 girls with health information through mobile app and designed award-winning girls health curriculum and directed documentary, “Can I Kick It?”;
• Wrote award-winning health programming and after-school curricula for girls in South Africa;
• Responsible for curriculum design, program management, stakeholder and employee management.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Van Cleef & Arpels – Consultant and Trainer
Van Cleef & Arpels is a French luxury jewelry, watch, and perfume company. At Van Cleef & Arpels, I worked with the team on a variety of different courses, including Presenting with Purpose, Public Speaking and Creative Writing. I was responsible for creating each of these courses.
• In-person training and workshops on Presenting with Purpose, Public Speaking and Creative Writing.
• Design 1:1 training, week-long and 6-week long course with dedicated content suited for the target audience of mid-management talent.
• Deliver the training and deliver relevant reporting structures for sustainable, long-term behavioral change.
“Jos helped us craft our presentations to make them exciting and engaging…”
Oman, Muscat and Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Evolvence Knowledge Investment – Consultant
Evolvence Knowledge Investments (EKI) is the education platform of the Evolvence Group and focuses on establishing private schools offering a variety of curricula. I advised on the growth and marketing strategy for a portfolio of schools wholly owned by Evolvence Knowledge Investments across the Gulf.
• Designed 360° company-wide marketing strategies to drive registrations to each of the schools.
• Managed investor relations and stakeholder relations.
• Focus on regional expansion, communications strategy and storytelling for increased school enrollments, strong academic performance and brand strength.
“Beyond Jos’s leadership, what really stood out was her ability to inspire and motivate.”
New York, USA
Leymah Gbowee, Nobel Laureate and Peace Foundation – Consultant
Leymah Gbowee is a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, recognized for her tireless efforts to end the war in Liberia, and the founder of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa. An award-winning documentary highlighting Leymah’s life story was produced by Abigail Disney. I am currently the Communications Advisor to both Leymah Gbowee and her team at the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa.
• Design and create communications and marketing campaigns highlighting Leymah’s work and future events;
• Create nuanced communication approach to help build the bridge between Leymah’s multicultural audience.
• Conduct in-depth research with concerned stakeholders (United Nations, UN women, Fork Foundation) to design and articulate Leymah’s world-changing brand vision.
“I’m very happy to recommend Jos, a consultant with a particular focus on cross-cultural communication. We’re still in the planning process ourselves – but so far Jos has led workshops with Leymah and multiple stakeholders to identify Leymah’s brand values and guidelines…”
Middle East and Africa
IBM – Brand and Advertising Manager
IBM is a leading global technology provider. I managed a multi-million dollar budget and cross-regional team to develop the IBM brand in Middle East and Africa through advertising, digital strategy, brand strategy and execution, communications, employee communications, video and digital content creation, and internal corporate development.
• Led communications and brand strategy for Middle East and Africa spanning 70 countries.
• Responsible for largest regional employee training campaign and managed multi-million dollar advertising budget.
• Led all go-to-market advertising campaigns for the IBM brand in Middle East and Africa, collaborating with colleagues in Social and Digital Departments.
• Managed 11 cross-regional teams – consistently outperforming other teams globally.
• Responsible for the data analysis of the IBM Brand in Middle East and Africa on IBM’s internal brand measurement tracking tool, supporting in the development of the tool during beta stages.
• Founded IBM UAE Women Business Group: on inclusive leadership, built team from 2 to 52 people.
“Jos is just amazing! What impresses me is that she’s so humble and kind, considering her huge background, having won awards in media and being a world traveller. And despite all this she remains so beautiful in & out, and so simple and kind…”